1. A Christian School is Not
- It is not a Christian school because it is held in a church facility. Churches my have other programs that are not “Christian.” Simply having a school in a church does not make it a “Christian” school.
- It is not a Christian school because it has Christian leaders and staff in the Learning Center. Many Christians serve in the public school arena as well, but that does not make those schools “Christian” schools.
- It is not a Christian school because you say so. Churches and schools can claim to be “Christian,” but based on teachings and practices can be like the church of Laodicea that God hates in Revelation 3, “Christian” in name only. Simply calling it a Christian school does not make it true.
2. A Christian School is
- What then is a Christian school? A Christian school is based on the foundational principle that God is Creator, Lord, and Master, and the BASIC PHILOSOPHY that He has given mankind His Book, the Bible, to live by. All of life is to be governed by His Book. Notice this truth:
I am much afraid that schools will prove to be great gates of hell unless they diligently labor in explaining the Holy Scriptures engraving them in the hearts of youth. I advise no one to place his child where the Scriptures do not reign paramount. Every institution in which men are not increasingly occupied with the Word of God must become corrupt. –Martin Luther
The Scripture, God’s Word, MUST be taught to children as shown in Deuteronomy 6:4-12, the Great Commandment. The Bible is the guide for one’s faith and practice, instilling the principles of God’s Word into hearts and minds. All academic subjects are taught from a Biblical perspective, from a Christian worldview. –A.C.E