Key Verse: Do not murder” Ex 20:13
Lesson Objective: As a result of this lesson, kids will understand that God wants us to love one another and not hate each other. Hating is like killing another person’s spirit.
Power Point: I will not hurt others by hating them.
Materials Needed: Bible, Ten Commandments Poster
Headlines listed refer to actions related to the Sixth Commandment
SHOOTING KISS THREE PEOPLE
TWO BOYS HURT IN A FIGHT
GIRL IS VERY ANGRY AT A CLASSMATE
WOMAN CALLS HER FRIEND AN IDIOT
WORKER HATES HIS BOSS
MAN CURSES HIS NEIGHBOR
Bible Story (Matthew 5:21-22; 1 John 3:15; Luke 10;25-37)
We learn how Jesus defined murder and about the seriousness of hatred. We will learn about people who disobeyed the 6th Commandment.
Let’s read the Bible story, then we will briefly discuss it.
Let’s Talk About It
- Who disobeyed the Sixth Commandment in this story?
- How did they disobey the commandment?
- Who obeyed the Sixth Commandment?
- How did he obey the Commandment?
- What was Jesus teaching us by this parable?
- How have you ever disobeyed the Sixth Commandment?