The Greatest Commandments
Key Verses: ” You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind. ” this is the first and the great commandment. And the second is like it: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself. ( Matthew 22:37-39
Lesson Objective: As a result of this lesson, kids will understand that God’s greatest commandments are to love Him and to love others.
Power Point: The greatest thing I can do is love God and love others.
Bible Basis: Matthew 22: 37-39; Mark 12:28-34
Materials Needed: Bible, Ten Commandments Poster
The Most Important Commandments (Mark 12:28-34) Bible Story
Let’s Talk About it…
- What did Jesus say was the most important commandments?
- What does it mean to love God with your heart, soul, mind and strength?
- What commandment is second, but equally as important?
- Who is your neighbor?
- Why did Jesus think the man answered wisely?
- What is the most important word in these commandments?