Children will learn to read and count in a fun way! Interactive activities and multi-sensory techniques that children can master and memorize!
Our goal is to teach Phonics reading and math in a fun and loving manner in order to instill confidence in children for learning. Reading, writing and counting are essential tools for our children’s success in life. Children will learn to read or to improve their reading through, creative worksheets, art media, music and interactive games. We will also use games like hopscotch, boggle and many others learning tools to help with phonics rules and/or word patterns.
Kids will not only benefit from their academic development, but build Character development as well. Within the activities, Biblical principles, Godly character traits, and activities are designed to help children learn to interact productively in society. These activities will focus attention on responsibility, character, and self-discipline traits. Children will relate to various characters and want to emulate their good character qualities. The cast of characters set examples and internalize the Godly character traits, that enhances traditional family values, moral principles, and adds a more personal, human touch.
- Recognizes each letter sound and is able to blend letters and read words.
- Learns high frequency words.
- Distinguishes between vowels and consonants.
- Chooses correct words to complete sentences.
- Writes words, sentences, and paragraphs.
- Reads a menu and answers questions.
- Reviews and learns numbers in symbol, name, and number words from zero to ten.
- Solves simple addition, subtraction, and word problems
- Counts and writes from zero to one hundred.
- Learning to add and subtract, to carry and borrow 2-and 4-digit numbers, solves word problems, and works addition and subtraction facts vertically and horizontally.
- Completes timed drills and oral drills.
- Learns multiplication facts with timed drills and oral drills and simple division skills.
Meeting Place: Bessie Coleman Library
Dates: July 7-Aug 7
Times: 1-4 P. M. Monday and Thursday ONLY
Register at: https://kgca5.eventbrite.com